We monitor and promote the safety and quality of our raw materials, products and production methods. We stand for a safe and transparent chain and develop and share knowledge, expertise and best practices. We discuss and coordinate our activities within the Food and Feed Safety Working Group.
In the period 2018-2020 amongst other things MVO focuses on the following topics:
- Pesticides residues (and processing factors).
- Introduction of legal limits for MCPD esters (MCPDE) and glycidyl esters (GE).
- Mineral oil (MOSH and MOAH).
- Use (and cleaning regimes) of means of transport.
- Keeping up to date risk analyses and crisis scenario.
- Food authenticity and fraud.
- European advocacy fat compounders.
- Promote market access for animal by-products.
- Organisation theme meeting for members.
- Organisation MVO Food & Feed Safety course.