Food and feed safety and integrity are our most important priorities. We monitor and promote the safety and quality of raw materials, products and production methods. We stand for a safe and transparent oils and fats industry.
MVO advocates the development and maintenance of private food safety systems and codes of good practice within the oils and fat industry (self-regulation).
We offer a platform to develop and share knowledge and expertise within and outside the industry.
Some information on this website section is only accessible for MVO members. To get access to this information, you need to be logged in.
The MVO Working Group Food and Feed Safety focusses on the following topics and trends:
- Monitoring The Farm-to-Fork strategy, of which the effects of the reduction of the use of plant protection products will be monitored thoroughly;
- Monitoring the EU policy on pesticides: possible consequences are the reduction of the approved pesticides and the increasing gap between the MRL’s in third countries and the European Union;
- Monitoring developments regarding the applicability of processing factors for pesticides in (end) products;
- Monitoring and reporting about developments for new contaminants legislation (e.g. mineral oil hydrocarbons (MOSH/MOAH), 3-MCPD/GE and dioxins);
- Clarifying the notification duty for companies and independent laboratories when exceeding maximum limits in feed materials in close cooperation with the NVWA and the Agri-sector;
- Monitoring and safeguarding the risks on food safety in the oils and fats industry and to discuss these risks with the governmental organisations and other stakeholders during the ‘Regulier overleg’. Active approach in developing risk analyses;
- Consulting the Ministries of VWS, LNV and food and feed organisations in the Steering Group ‘Private Borging Voedselketens’ to combine and exchange private and public data, which should lead to a more risk-oriented surveillance in the chain;
- Finetuning with other industry partners and the NVWA concerning matters regarding fraud, risk analyses and crisis management;
- Monitoring developments with regards to hygiene regulations for the transport and storage of oils and fats.
Read more (Dutch only)